Closing date: February 3, 2021
Organization: Statistical Agency of under the President of the Republic of Tajikistan
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
MODERNIZING THE NATIONAL STATISTICAL SYSTEM PROJECT
Consulting services: Selection of Procurement Specialist
- Project Background
- In response to a request for financial assistance from the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan, the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (“World Bank”), as an administrator of grant funds under the Multi-Donor Trust Fund for Organizational Capacity Development in the Europe and Central Asia Region (ECAPDEV) provided a Grant TF0B4665 for the preparatory work for the proposed Project on the modernization of the national statistical system in Tajikistan in amount of US$350,000.The Grant will be implemented by Statistical Agency under the President of the Republic of Tajikistan. To support the Statistical Agency (SA) in ensuring a transparent, cost-effective, efficient and profitable procurement process the Agency intends to hire a Procurement Specialist.
- Main objectives of the assignment
The Procurement Specialist will provide support to the SA in carrying out the Grant procurement activities in accordance with the provisions of the Grant Agreement.
- Higher education in the field of management, economics, finance, business administration, law or other related fields;
- At least 5 (five) years of experience in procurement including at least 3 years in procurement in projects financed by IFIs, preferably experience in projects financed by the World Bank;
- Good knowledge of the Public Procurement Law;
- Fluency in English, Russian and Tajik languages;
- Advanced computer skills;
- Certified training on international procurement procedures, including World Bank procedures, on goods, works and selection of consultants
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers dated January 2011 and revised in 2014 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
A consultant will be selected an accordance with the selection of Individual Consultants (IC) methods set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Expression of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) by 16:00 on February 3, 2021.
Mrs. Gulnora Khasanzoda
Director of the Agency on Statistics under the President of the Republic of Tajikistan,
Bokhtar Street, 17, Dushanbe
11th floor, office 1106,
Tel: + 992 37 221-72-08