On February 18, 2021, a press conference with representatives of the media was held at the Statistics Agency under the President of the Republic of Tajikistan.
The press conference was attended by representatives of NIAT “Khovar”, agencies: “Sputnik Russia”, “Avesto”, “Segodnya Rossiya”, “Interfax”, television channels and radio stations: “Jahonnamo”, “Khovar”, “Radioi Tojikiston”, “ Sadoi Dushanbe”, magazines and newspapers: “Jumkuriyat”, “Sadoi Mardum”, “Narodnaya Gazeta ”,“ Javononi Tochikiston ”,“ Minbari Khalq ”,“ Bochu Hiroch”,“ Khalk Ovozi”.
Before the press conference, the journalists were provided with press releases on the socio-economic situation of the Republic of Tajikistan (in Tajik and Russian) and on the activities of the state statistics bodies of the Republic of Tajikistan for 2020.
The press conference was opened by the Director of the Agency on Statistics, Ms. Hasanzoda Gulnora, who presented the results of the activities of the statistics bodies for 2020 and further tasks for 2021.
Then the Director of the Agency, Deputy Directors of the Agency, heads of branch departments and departments of the central office of the Agency on Statistics answered the questions of journalists.
Basically, the journalists' questions were on the following topics:
- indicators of housing construction in the republic and regions;
- the accuracy of electronic statistics and its impact on the fight against corruption; - the percentage of the middle class from the total population of the republic and the methodology for calculating it;
- registration of foreign citizens in the population and housing census;
- the situation with internal migration in 2020;
- the situation with external migration in 2020 compared to previous years;
- the number of registered crimes in 2020.
The media representatives were satisfied with the answers to their questions. Holding such events with the participation of representatives of the media and users of statistical data will improve the transparency and quality of work in the preparation of statistical data.
At the end of the press conference, Hasanzoda Gulnora Kenja, Director of the Statistical Agency under the President of the Republic of Tajikistan, thanked all media and journalists for their cooperation and coverage in conducting the population and housing census.