On February 13, 2020 in the Agency on Statistics under the President of the Republic of Tajikistan held a press conference with representatives of the media.
The press conference was attended by the representatives of NIAT Khovar, newspapers and news agencies: «Jumhuriyat», «Sadoi mardum», «Narodnay gazeta», «Minbari Khalk», «Javononi Tojikiston», «Boju Khiroj», as well as the representatives of TV channel Bahoriston and the representatives of radio: Tojikiston, Khovar and Sadoi Dushanbe.
Prior to the press conference, the journalists were provided with the press releases on the socio-economic situation of the Republic of Tajikistan (in Tajik and Russian languages) as well as on the activities of the state statistics bodies of the Republic of Tajikistan in 2019.
The press conference was opened by the Director of the Agency on statistics, Ms. Hasanzoda Gulnora, who presented the results of the activities of statistical bodies for 2019.
During the discussion of this topic, the press conference was also attended by the Deputy Directors of the Agency, heads of sector departments and divisions of the central offices and the Main Computing Center of the Agency on Statistics.
In general, the journalists asked questions on the following topics:
- on conducting a census of the population and housing fund;
- the number of industrial enterprises;
- the construction of residential buildings;
- the number of homeless citizens;
- the number of births and deaths;
- the number of senior citizens;
- life expectancy;
- household budget;
- the volume of production and sale of cotton in the republic in 2019;
- On the production and export of wheat and others. Representatives of the media were satisfied with the answers to their questions.
Such events conducted with the participation of representatives of the media and users of statistical data will improve the transparency and quality of work in the preparation of statistical data.