On August 3, 2018 the press conference with representatives of the media was held in the Agency on Statistics under the President of the Republic of Tajikistan.
The press conference was attended by the representatives of NIAT Khovar, newspapers and news agencies: Jumhuriyat, Halq - Ovozi, Asia Plus, «Narodnay gazeta», «Javononi Tojikiston», Tojikiston, Avesto, «Ozadagon» as well as the representatives of TV channels: Tojikiston, Jahonamo, Safina, Bakhoriston, Dushanbe and the representatives of radio: Tojikiston, Khovar, Ovozi Tojik and Sadoi Dushanbe.
Prior to the press conference, the journalists were provided with the press releases on the socio-economic situation of the Republic of Tajikistan (in Tajik and Russian languages) as well as on the activities of the state statistics bodies of the Republic of Tajikistan for 6 months of 2018.
The press conference was opened by the Director of the Agency on statistics, Ms. Hasanzoda Gulnora, who presented the results of the activities of statistical bodies for 6 months of 2018 and the tasks for 2018. During the discussion of this topic, the press conference was also attended by the Deputy Directors of the Agency, heads of sector departments and divisions of the central offices and the Main Computing Center of the Agency on Statistics.
In general, the journalists asked questions on the following topics:
- Number of divorces;
- Cooperation of the agency with international organizations;
- Number of orphans;
- The volume of humanitarian aid in the country for the first half of 2018;
-The number of tourists for this period;
- Statistics of suicides;
- Number of residents over 100 years of age and participants of the Second World War in the Republic of Tajikistan;
- The number of tablets to be used in the population and housing census;
- The number of personnel involved in the population and housing census;
- Number of students studying abroad;
- The number of victims of domestic violence;
- The number of dead migrants and others, etc.
Representatives of the media were satisfied with the answers to their questions.
Such events conducted with the participation of representatives of the media and users of statistical data will improve the transparency and quality of work in the preparation of statistical data.