|Population at 01/01/2017||8.742 mln.|
|Inflation within 2016||6.1%|
|CPI within 2016||106.1%|
|GDP within 2016||54.5 bln. somoni|
|1 US Dollar||.|
|10 Russian roubles||Array|
On January 29, 2016 the Statistical Agency under the President of the Republic of Tajikistan held a press conference with media representatives in the national press - center.
The press conference was attended by journalists of newspapers, radio and television, including the newspapers: NIAT "Khovar" newspaper "Chumhuriyat", "Sadoi Mardum", "Jarkhi Gardun", "Ozodagon", "Faraj", "Hulk-ovozi", "Asia - Plus», «Toj-news», TV "Safina ", "Jahonnamo "and radio "Tajikistan "," Khovar "," Ozodi "and" Sadoi Dushanbe " and others.
Before the press conference the journalists were provided with press releases on the socio-economic situation of the Republic of Tajikistan and the activities of the state statistical offices of the Republic of Tajikistan for 2015.
Ms. Hasanzoda Gulnora, the Director of the Statistical Agency, opened the press conference and presented the results of the activities of the statistical offices for 2015.
In general, the journalists were interested in the following topics:
- Receipt of direct investment, imports of wheat, flour and fuel, the export of cotton and electricity;
-Meet statistical information with other ministries and departments;
- Violation of the procedure to provide state statistical reports and the measures taken with regard to these cases;
- The activity of the interdepartmental working group on improving statistics;
- The number of private entrepreneurs, which ceased its activities in 2015;
- The level and number of workers jobs which were created (permanent, seasonal and temporary) and employment in 2015, and etc.
Media representatives were satisfied with the answers.
Such events with the participation of media representatives and users of statistics will improve the transparency and quality of work in the preparation of statistical data.